My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

8235 Old Troy Pk. #164 Dayton, OH 45424 www.MysticSpiral.com I'm a ceramic bead and jewelry artist in my mid-30s. I've been happily married for about 15 years to a man whose generous support makes it possible for me to work full-time (or almost) as an artist. We have a beautiful baby girl born in August of 2004.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Guilty Pleasures

Why must all pleasures be guilty? Perhaps it only seems that they are from my current vantage point. These are tough economic times, especially for anyone trying to run a business from their home.

Right now I really miss smoking. I quit smoking in 2001 in anticipation of having a baby. In the end, it took almost 3 years for our baby girl to arrive. Even so, after 4 years without a cigarette, I still find myself craving them often.

Other things that I've been wishing for lately... Dinner out. Really good mead. Imported chocolate.

I feel particularly guilty about this right now because all of these things cost money... money that we don't have. I have friends who are in worse shape financially than we are right now, but that doesn't change the fact that it is too easy to resent the constraints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home