My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

8235 Old Troy Pk. #164 Dayton, OH 45424 www.MysticSpiral.com I'm a ceramic bead and jewelry artist in my mid-30s. I've been happily married for about 15 years to a man whose generous support makes it possible for me to work full-time (or almost) as an artist. We have a beautiful baby girl born in August of 2004.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Making big houses into smaller houses

I've begun to suspect that maybe I have been making a fundamental mistake in my vision of the perfect home. For years now, I have thought that the answer to all of my organizational problems was "More Space"... The problem with that is, no matter how much space I have, I manage to fill it up until the walkways through the house/studio are constricted, and so that my little sitting areas are walled off from the rest of the world.

Maybe what I really need is less space. Less room for less stuff and a home that has comfortably constricted pathways and archetecturally walled off seating areas... something like this

http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/houses.htm

In a perfect world, I could have little plots of land all over the country with one of these on each of them. I could bounce from house to house to house changing scenery with the seasons. We should all have our dreams, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home