My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

8235 Old Troy Pk. #164 Dayton, OH 45424 www.MysticSpiral.com I'm a ceramic bead and jewelry artist in my mid-30s. I've been happily married for about 15 years to a man whose generous support makes it possible for me to work full-time (or almost) as an artist. We have a beautiful baby girl born in August of 2004.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Playing with Sounds

Summer means lots of outdoor activities with a toddler in tow. One of the best things about our community is the overwhelming number of options provided by our area metroparks. One of Sprout's favorites is the Children's Discovery Garden. Our baby loves water more than I think any child I've ever known. The discovery garden has a waterfall cave and an artificial stream with rocks that she enjoys exploring. One of her favorite things at the garden, however, is the Sound Maze with its oversized musical instruments created by SoundPlay.com.

I really want to encourage my daughter's interest in music so I'm hoping to spend some time with her playing and building musical instruments. Between all of the fabulous PVC percussion instruments inspired by the Blue Man Group and the instructions on this website, we should be able to satisfy the musical yearnings of 100s of children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home